My dad's house is a gutted brick structure.. no second floor.. no roof. just the brick. Nothing inside. Aunt Lana's is gone. Allyson's is gone. They all lost everything, and I must admit, I feel a little numb writing this. Still don't know about Jason's house.
If you go to the WLOX website, you can see arial views of gulfport and biloxi and its devastating.
It's weird. I was almost ready to see my house destroyed, but I don't think I was ready to see the entire town destroyed.
Casino's landed on top of houses.
My sister is in amazing spirits. She has two pairs of jeans, three shirts, 6 CDs and her dog. That's all she has. But she is doing so well and is just thankful everyone's okay.
Lisa Tilley Newman is a Boston and Mississippi Gulf Coast-based wedding and event photographer who is available throughout New England and the Gulf Coast. Inquire with her about availability for destination weddings around the world.